February 06, 2019

First fly fishing trip 2019 in snow river


My friend Snuf and I went to first fishing trip in 2019 to the private "catch and release" river where is in Gunma pref and it takes three hours drive from Tokyo.



There is still winter river and snow shore and ice surface of river at morning. Actually, clean, beautiful and cold.




We got some fish on nymph. Especially, Beads head pheasant tail nymph is my best favorite for rainbow trout at all year.
It works well every time.





And I caught  Japanese char/ Salvelinus too. It's really lovely fish.


My last fish on the day hooked on a dry fly.  It's #20 Griffith's gnat that is one of my favorite midge dry fly.
Actually, we found some rise to chironomid at that time at 15:00 around.




Yes, it was cold winter fishing trip and got some hot stories. Tight lines!

***
Our regular fishing trip will start from March and let me know if you have any question and book.
Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing guide in Tokyo, 2020

SORRY, IT WILL BE CANCELLED FISHING TRIP IN 2020 SEASON. WE WILL MEET UP AGAIN AFTER CORONA-VIRUS WORLD! TAKE CARE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THANK...