June 18, 2015

Inflatable kayak repaired: small air leakage

I found get a small hole in my inflatable kayak when I was last paddling. And I repaired it.



Repair boat skin, adhesive and sandpaper.

This is small cut and hole.

Cut a repair boat skin 1 - 2 inches longer and wider than the area to be repaired.
Have to cut corner as round.

Trace the size of repair boat skin onto the kayak.

Sand the repair area and adhesive side of repair skin.
And cleaning there.

Adhesive thin coat on the repair skin and the repair area.

5 - 10 minutes later, repair skin onto the repair area and pressing.

Press, press, press!

24 hours later.

Perfect repaired my kayak!

Enjoy long kayaking life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing guide in Tokyo, 2020

SORRY, IT WILL BE CANCELLED FISHING TRIP IN 2020 SEASON. WE WILL MEET UP AGAIN AFTER CORONA-VIRUS WORLD! TAKE CARE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THANK...