May 26, 2013

Fly fishing at spring creek

Mike and I went to fly fishing trip by highway bus.
There is upper stream of Katsura river in Yamanashi prefecture and it takes two hours by bus from Shinjuku, Tokyo.
It was sunny day and warmer than weather reports on TV.





Generally fly fishing is not easy in Tokyo area and we have to use midge sized flies in general. Actually almost angler are using mayfly or nymph under than #18 in this stream.


Mike caught nice Rainbow on his #19 yellow humpy.
His rod made by himself and good wrapping on rasta!

I caught rainbows on #16 mayfly dry.




And finally, I saw a splash rise in the bush when I changed bigger dryfly and first cast..... drift..... strike! 
That was baby Brown trout but I'm very happy.



This is my old style dryfly and worked very well!

It was lovely day and nice trip.
Keep casting and tight line!

□ □ □

Are you interested in fishing trip in Tokyo area?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing guide in Tokyo, 2020

SORRY, IT WILL BE CANCELLED FISHING TRIP IN 2020 SEASON. WE WILL MEET UP AGAIN AFTER CORONA-VIRUS WORLD! TAKE CARE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THANK...