March 21, 2013

The first trout fishing in 2013


When I was boy, I was dreaming that want to climb the rainbow. And I recommend you should learn how to fishing if you want to catch the rainbow.



At the beginning day of March, almost trout stream opened in Tokyo area and many many angler went to fishing. But I don't like go to fishing on opening day because there are too much peoples in the river :(


And two weeks later, I went to fishing to a chalk stream.
I couldn't see hatch and no rise. Of course I was casting dry fly at first but it didn't do anything, so a hour later I took wet fly. I think it was correct and caught some trouts finally.




Ya, those were small trouts but I'm very happy. You know, just starting now!



Keep casting and tight line!


3 comments:

  1. Hi, this blog is great! What lake is this? The fish must be getting bigger by now.

    I'm going to be visiting Japan for a week very soon, and I'm planning on taking my spinning reel with me. Do you have any recommendations for fishing spots that I can get to from Tokyo without a car? I'd love to see some nature, and maybe even a hike too. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this blog is great! Which lake are these pictures from?

    I'm travelling to Japan very soon for a week, and I'm planning on taking my spinning reel with me. Do you have any favorite spots that I can get to within a day from Shinjuku? It would be great if I could find somewhere in the woods, with a stream, or at least some kind of nature to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jack,
      This is Masa and thank you for comments.
      Sound great. I hope you will enjoy Japanese culture and nature.
      Well, usually I recommend Katsura river for trout or Lake Ashinoko for bass when I guide visitors. And we can go to fishing by highway bus from Shinjuku. Especially Katsura river is very unique. there are many many trouts in the chalk stream and US former president J. Carter also fishing in that river.

      If you want to hiking or nature discovering close to Tokyo, I recommend Mt. Takao or Okutama area(canyon).
      A lot of nature lovers are going to walking, hiking to those mountains from Shinjuku by train.

      Delete

Fishing guide in Tokyo, 2020

SORRY, IT WILL BE CANCELLED FISHING TRIP IN 2020 SEASON. WE WILL MEET UP AGAIN AFTER CORONA-VIRUS WORLD! TAKE CARE FOR YOUR HEALTH. THANK...